If you’re visting I/ITSEC 2013 in Florida, don’t forget to drop by the Door Kickers corner. John of Blackfoot Studios is there on site!
You may also want to check out Door Kickers running on an iPad:
Hello, Door Kickers!
We took a little jump ahead in time and here’s Alpha 6. Shotguns inside. And suppressed SMGs. Need we say more? Download, as usual, using the link you first received during purchase or just use your Steam key.
As we were saying above, with Alpha 6 you have the option to run 2 new trooper classes - the Breacher and the Stealth trooper. Fear not, the Stealth has no fancy cloaking devices, just a suppressed weapon that can open a silent and deadly path through the level. Warning: stopping power is not always on the suppressed SMGs side
The Breacher class, on the other hand, is all about blasting your way. Doors, enemies, they all come down, if you pattern your shots correctly. Handy for opening locks when time is short, but not really good for long range accurate shots.
With Alpha 6 we’re also taking the first step towards a real Mission Editor. Give it a try. Expect walls drawing – true walls creation – not so far in the future.
There’s also a bunch of tweaks that happen regarding aiming speed and the way troopers prosecute targets, especially after passing doors and obstacles. They’re still deadly, but a little more realistic so. We advise you to rely on handguns when expecting encounters at close range, but the truth is we’re not designing another Rock-Scissor-Paper game. So tell us how it works for you. Write back.
Or even better, come over to the forums and join the discussion. Vote on features. Win contests. It’s a lot of fun.
What is New and Important in Alpha 6 of Door Kickers:
- Breacher class and Shotguns added
- Shotgun breaching now possible – replaces Mechanical breaching where appropriate
- Stealth class and Suppressed firearms added
- Lockpicking. Beware – can be heard by enemies at short range.
- Something approaching a real Mission Editor
- 3 new pistols
- 7 new Semi-Auto/Auto weapons
- 3 shotguns
- 4 new single mission maps
- 2 new random maps
- Improvements to old maps
- Improved the random mission generator
- Improved enemy AI
- New enemy AI: Sawn Off shotgunner. Yeah, watch out for him.
- Troopers now holster the current weapon while operating devices (defusing bombs, lockpicking etc.)
- Smoother path drawing around corners
- Enemy Stun/reload icons are no longer visible in fog of war
- Tooltips are now flipped when cut-off by the edge of the map
- Improved visual effects (debris, burn marks, muzzle flash lights etc.)
Modding / Structure changes:
- Simplified new map creation; Background Entity no longer needed, texture directly referenced in mission file
- Changed location of single mission and RMG repositories
- Differentiated Speed Reload vs Tactical Reload times for weapons
- Fixed flashbang trajectory showing different path that the actual one
- Can no longer operate devices from behind walls/doors, you cheaters.
- You must now have LOS with an object in order to be able to interact with it
- Fixed sometimes losing rclick orientation tracking
- Fixed a bug where the path would not be highlighter while dragging it
Enjoy the game, and like always, don’t forget to hit the feedback button
Your DevTeam @ KillHouse Games
Alpha 2 and 3:
Indie Statik: ”It’s probably the best man-shootery game I’ve played in years“
PCGamer: ”If you’re a fan of the SWAT games, Rainbow Six, Frozen Synapse … then you’ve probably got Door Kickers pencilled in your diary, perhaps even accompanied by a couple of exclamation marks“
Hurry up!Read More
Behind the smokescreen of Alpha 5, we’ve been cooking something else up. Didn’t we warn you to watch for it ?
Door Kickers was conceived to put real life CQB tactics and operations in an easy to understand form, to teach the general public by letting them try their hand at tactics and see first hand what works and what doesn’t. And to have a lot of fun doing that.
As expected, the fixed top down perspective proved ideal for quick assessment of building layouts and sight lines. And to plan troop movements. Or to show real troopers how they should move – as some of our users already did. No, we won’t give names
We knew the game had training value, and now have found the perfect partner to make it happen. Enter BlackFoot Studios – the studio lead by John Sonedecker of Rainbow Six / Ghost Recon fame. With their experience in developing tactical shooters for the general public and serious software for the military, they are in perfect position to shape our game into a training tool.
You can read the full announcement here: http://www.blackfootstudios.com/blackfoot-studios-enters-partnership-with-killhouse-gamesinc/ and follow BlackFoot Studios over Facebook and Twitter
What does this mean for Door Kickers and how will it affect our development? In short, there will be no ill effects to our game. Features and technology that are needed for the MIL/LEO version are based on the game, so development threads go together. Don’t worry, KillHouse Games stays focused on technology and making the best game experience possible, for you, our supporters.
Now should we find in this new ways to add realistic features to the game, we’re sure nobody will complain
Your DevTeam @ KillHouse GamesRead More
Hello, Door Kickers!
The Scenario Generator is here and so is the inventory screen!
All part of Alpha 5, which you can download using your original purchase links, or, if you purchased the game from other stores: Steam, GamersGate or MacGameStore respectively.
The main features of Alpha 5 are obviously the the Mission Generator and the Inventory Screen. Both features are in their first iteration but come packed with cool stuff.
For the Mission Generator, there’s a limited set of maps included now – but some of them are new and not seen in other parts of the game. We’re focusing on the quality of the scenarios and will gradually add new maps to the pool as the structure and syntax of the system are ironed out. Rest assured, the Generator will be 100 times more powerful before we’re done with it.
BTW, You’ll notice your troopers are now more aggressive and efficient in dispatching baddies. In fact, people sometimes call them Over Powered. That’s usually just before a Mac 10 opens up from a still-blue-corner of the room, as careful planning is still very much needed.
In other news, watch our regular comms channels for an announcement regarding a Door Kickers Simulations & Training professional product! If you’re a MIL/LEO, you definitely want to check that out!
Approximately full list of what is New and Important in Alpha 5 of Door Kickers:
- You can now customize the inventory of each trooper.
- Random mission generator.
- “No Intel” play mode. For now an experiment, only available in the Random Mission Generator.
- Persistent trooper roster.
- The Corner Engagement issue is done! AI now correctly engages center of visible mass when engaging partially-covered enemies.
- In-cover status now visible on characters; also improved the cover system in general.
- Can now order troopers to switch between primary and secondary weapons.
- “Reload” and “Switch weapon” waypoints now block movement until they are completed.The On-Call actions are still performed on the move and left to player discretion.
- New ambiental music tracks and win/lose jingles.
- New maps.
- Many improvements/fixes on the firearms’ shooting methods.
- Improved deploy screen usability: you can now replace troopers by droping them on top of each other, plus other improvements.
- Firearms are now fully moddable (can add more weapons at will).
- Many fixes to delays in the friendly AI’s targeting.
- Can no longer rotate trooper while disarming bomb, placing a breaching charge or using the spy camera.
- Damage was sometimes incorrectly calculated, which resulted in a more randomness than design intended.
- Fixed game not starting on some Windows XP versions (normaliz.dll error).
- When playing in a resolution below 1366×768, the game no longer crashes and burns.
- Fixed OpenGL-related crash on older hardware.
- Fixed AI going through walls.
- Fixed Linux multi-monitor bug.
- Fixed resolution not changing after switching monitors or changing desktop resolution.
- No more impossible-to-kill enemies on the airplane level.
Enjoy the game, and let us know what you think of the new build!
Your DevTeam @ KillHouse GamesRead More
Door Kickers Alpha 5 is inbound later this week, bringing the first iterations of the Trooper Equip Screen and Random Mission Generator. The game enters a new development stage, and since this is a major milestone for us, it comes with a price increase. Effective after the launch of Alpha 5, Door Kickers will be more expensive.
This price increase will better support our final push to finish the game. Another price jump is planned for Beta phase. The planned final game price is $19.99, so you’re still getting the game at a discount
So get the game now, and get your friends to buy too!
P.S. Obviously this price increase doesn’t affect users that already bought the game!
Vote next feature
Everyone who purchased the “Believer” tier and above can again vote for prioritizing new features.
What new scenario type do you want in Door Kickers? LINK
Also, if you want to get your face (or name) in the game, we just rolled in a new contest that could win you a “Stuff of Legends” tier, a “Roll Call” tier or just a few plain ol’ Steam keys that you can gift away. Read about all the madness here: LINK
(This is how Stuff of Legends will look like in-game)Read More
We would be nothing without our supporters and we strive to give back a little extra.
Therefore, we’ve now added the official Door Kickers Soundtrack as a perk to the Believer package! Digital download, let us know your format preferences.
Obviously, this affects all orders, past and future, and also applies to On the Move, Roll Call and higher tiers! We will send you an update once the soundtrack is released.Read More