Now at 20% off on Steam!
Door Kickers is an innovative Real-Time Tactics game that puts you in charge of a SWAT team. With your help we can make this The Ultimate Swat Team Command Simulator.
Analyze the situation, plan team routes, choose equipment and breach points and coordinate multiple troopers to reach the hostage room before the bad guys get to press that trigger.
It may sound daunting, and like real world CQB combat, it sure is. But most levels can be completed in minutes and on the fly improvisation works. Achieving the perfect planning, getting the mission done with no false steps, that’s a skill harder to master.
- 2D, top down graphics
- Real Time with Free Pause
- No DRM
- PC oriented (Windows/Mac/Linux), with handhelds as later developments
- Single Player (but MP might come later)
- No turns, no hexes, no action points or awkward interfaces
- Non-linear levels, freeform gameplay
- Mission editor and modability
- Unlimited gameplay via mission and campaign generators
Seems cool! Is it done yet?
The game is in Alpha phase, which means that we’re still shaping the basic gameplay but YOU can already play it. We have a solid blueprint and know where we’re headed, and each day we add new features, new tactical options and sandbox improvements. By contributing with your voice and money now you can help shape this game into the kickass strategy game that you’ll love for years to come!
Some additional stuff that we will be adding:
- Selectable entry points so you don’t always ring the front door - DONE – IT’S IN ALPHA 4!
- Larger and multi-storey locations
- More tactical planning options
- Troopers inventory customization – MIGHT MAKE IT IN NEXT BUILD
- Melee combat, arrests and surrendering bad guys
- Guard Dogs and other enemy types
- Oh yeah, also lots of AI improvements
Tell me about Scenarios!
Levels in the game are possible real world SWAT missions: Rescue hostages faced with imminent executions; Raid gang hideouts; Protect VIPs; Escort prisoners; Find and defuse explosives. You name it, it should be in the game. Or if it isn’t, tell us about it and we’ll make it work.
The actual locations will vary from shoot houses to banks, apartments, embassies and even industrial spaces. Multi-storey locations will be added, with inserting on the top of a building being a valid option sometimes.
Locations and missions can be easily created by players via the mission editor that will be included with the final game. Online sharing of missions will bring a world of swat missions at your disposal.
Highly trained and nomex clad, your troopers follow orders but also take care of themselves. The trick is to point them the right way and use the right tool for the job.
Default weapon: Customized 1911 pistol
The ideal weapon for the 1st man through the door. The pistol trooper can quickly turn corners and engage targets, or interact with objects and doors without suffering a penalty in accuracy.
Default weapons: M4 style carbine + Pistol
The carbine provides adequate semi-automatic firepower at all ranges that the SWAT team can expect to meet in the urban environment, and is ideal for covering long hallways and open spaces.
To be revealed at a later date
Door Kickers is available on Windows, Mac and Linux. All buyers receive access to all three builds.
In the future we will port the title to tablets and smartphones, as we feel they are great gaming platforms and well suited for our game.
Let us know your platform preferences via email
Wait! What about Steam?
Since September 2013 we are available on Steam! Everyone who buys the game from our website will also receive Steam keys for Door Kickers.
We’d rather spend resources on the actual game and we don’t like to impose restrictions on our paying customers.
The game will be available in English. We’re not against other languages but our resources are kinda limited and the game is not text-driven.
Disclaimer: These requirements are subject to possible change as the game progresses in development.
- OS: Win XP SP3 / Intel Mac OSX 10.5 / Linux
- CPU: Intel Pentium IV 2.6 GHz or equivalent
- RAM: 2 GB
- Hard Disk Space: 2 GB
- Video: An OpenGL 2.0 graphics adapter. NOT SUPPORTED: Intel GMA 9xx or older, ATI Radeon X2500 or older.
- Resolution: 1366×768 minimum display resolution
- OS: Win 7 / Intel Mac OSX 10.8 / Linux
- CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo or AMD Athlon 64 X2 5600+
- RAM: 2 GB
- Hard Disk Space: 2 GB
- Video: NVidia Geforce 9xxx / AMD Radeon HD / IntelHD series or better
- Resolution: 1920×1080
- An actual, physical Mouse with 2+ buttons
But I want to know more!
No problem, contact us and we’ll do our best to answer your questions.