inthekillhouse.com

KillHouse Games Community
It is currently Fri Nov 24, 2017 2:03 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Adding a Feature
PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2015 5:12 am 
Trooper
Trooper

Hello, firstly i would like to state how amazing the "Door Kickers" project is, it´s extremelly satisfying to see a tactical game that actually requires the player to use their brain instead of being another generic cover-based "Tactical" shooter. Although there is still one feature that should be added to the game to effectively carry out formation based tactics. That is exactly what we need, a button that locks unit formation[/color], so when you move the front operator, they all move together at the speed of the slowest man making sure nobody breaks the formation. For example, i constantly use a tactic that is a column with the first man being a Shield, followed by a rifleman, a point man for when we need to breach rooms, and lastly a breacher to help the pointman breach and also cover the assault teams rear. The problem with the tactic is that everyone is faster than the shield (especiallt the pointman) so they run in front of the shield and get shot, another issue is that when you have to drag every man to follow the man in front of him and you cant make a perfect line with the mouse, you end up out of the protection arc of the shield.
A formation lock feature would be extremelly helpfull (not to mention reallistic) and would definatelly improve na already incredible game.

Thank you

Post subject: Re: Adding a Feature
PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 10:40 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

This does come up from time to time on the forum. I'm a a developer I completely agree, but the solution we wanted to find (and did not) was something that would be easy to plan in advance, as much of Door Kickers is based on planning your mission ahead of time and going hands-off during execution. So we couldn't just do a "select + lock formation" that would only be usable in the current situation.