inthekillhouse.com

KillHouse Games Community
It is currently Mon Dec 18, 2017 6:37 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2015 3:59 am 
Trooper
Trooper

Great game but the mission mentioned above is a real downer so far. I can understand difficult enemies and difficult missions but this one just seems poorly designed. Have been working on this one for a couple of hours now with no success. Youtube shows people able to complete it with no losses but it involves heavy metagaming with respect to memorizing terrorist entry points on the maps.

The entire opening sequence right off the start with 2 guys coming in behind you seems like lazy design with respect to difficulty. Having some terrorists have better armor and shoot more accurately and at a faster rate than your own Swat members (I am bringing my 3 top guys) I can live with. Having a map swarming with them where an Swat team member can be gunned down despite being in cover vs an opponent in the open AND the only way to kill them without losing excessive number of guys is by memorizing their approaches is downright obnoxious.

I have always believed that a well designed mission on a "tactical" game means that you should not need to have memorize prior information to be able to beat any situation. This probably isn't one of them.