inthekillhouse.com

KillHouse Games Community
It is currently Mon Nov 20, 2017 3:31 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 5:11 pm 
Trooper
Trooper

So I was playing the game and a was going a one man stealth army and I had some cool ideas for future builds.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
•An ability that allows you to peek around corners and see dangers without being caught in cross-fire like the option on a door, but on a corner

•Med kits, like a medic class or a Gear slot replacing the spy camera, Med kits would heal injured, duh!

•Making stealth more "Stealthy" like, when you kill someone, no one can hear it from another room

•A new Scenario Type, like Robbery In Progress or a Drug Bust, But im pretty sure you guys are already working on that.
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Those were my thoughts on how you could improve future builds, I hope you take these into suggestion, thanks for reading :D

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 8:50 pm 
Stuff of Legends
Stuff of Legends

The peeking around corners sounds nice. Remembers me of SWAT 3's opti-wand.

About the medic class, well you dont see much SWAT teams providing medical assitance "in loco", they usually have paramedics ready outside the scene. Although there is a SWAT Medic carrer if I'm not mistaken.

Now, stealth is already possible. Lets remember that there's no such thing as a silent gun, just supressed ones. That means it doesnt make LOUD sounds, but they still produce sounds.

See this video as example:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L7fp3qLPz6k

Put in 1:06 if you want to skip the jibber-jabber...

Check out my DeviantArt HERE

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 9:59 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Regarding the silent weapons, keep in mind that the distance at which they are heard varies with the gun! The Mp5SD3 is the quietest in the game, as you can see by the sound rings it produces - about 2.5m range!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 10:06 am 
Stuff of Legends
Stuff of Legends

I also noticed, If I'm not mistaken, that sometimes is not the gun, but the pain groan from the dying bad guy that alerts nearby tangos.

Check out my DeviantArt HERE

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 10:32 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Yes, pain and of course there could be some sounds from the body falling.

In theory we would want to have the option for headshots that take the bad guy down with no groans or other sounds, but its not sure if we'll be able to do those.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2014 6:51 am 
Trooper
Trooper

Love this game. If it is never again updated..it is still awesome.

but!

FIX the Point man position....what's the deal with having a pistol?? NO!! If he has a rifle that's what he is using. 99% of SWAT teams use the AR platform...some have a couple shotguns along for the ride.

-Knockdown (Juggernauts...sorry but 3 rounds from a 5.54 is gonna put u on ur ass...ever with dragonskin level 4 armor. 7.62...gonna shatter some bones.
-Prone (Harder to hit)(more accurate)
-Crouch(under windows)
-Vaulting low cover
-Auto cover
-Ricochets
-bullet penetration/at least rifle
-peeking/leaning corners
-Melee (knife) The best stealth there is.
Taser..? really...(unless mission specific)
-Troopers down, not always killed (Can drag them to a medic outside)
-breachable walls
-explosive guns/tear gas
-Bullet types
-taking out the power/night vision
-smoke grenades
-negotiating for hostages/diversions
-enemies might give up or hesitate if outgunned
-Heavy Machine guns (if we are fighting cartels and terrorists)
-a playable sniper class (make the map longer where you sniper can find cover and get a better sight picture) or run in for support...most snipers are never over 50 yards away in these cases.
-hiding and ambushing enemies with a knife or gun
-whistling, throwing a rock to distract enemy.
-capturing and finding out intel from hostages and captured/dying enemies about the number of enemies or other info.
-auto hand to hand combat (each member actually has a rating on this) to cant fight to steven seagal!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2015 9:28 pm 
Trooper
Trooper

I read a lot of negative opinions about the pointman class, but I do not agree at all. Apparently, in the US, intervention units mainly use the AR platform.

In France, police response units (the least trained) do the same. But the GIGN (the most trained) uses assault rifles only outdoors. Indoors, the majority of troopers have pistols and revolvers (http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manurhin_MR_73) and some troopers have MP5 and shotgun (for support).

The main reasons: responsiveness, robustness against malfunction and extreme power of 357 (the doctrine of the GIGN is to destroy the right shoulder to prevent shooting, and if possible capture the enemy alive).

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2015 1:19 pm 
Trooper
Trooper

Arroz2003 wrote:
Love this game. If it is never again updated..it is still awesome.

but!

FIX the Point man position....what's the deal with having a pistol?? NO!! If he has a rifle that's what he is using. 99% of SWAT teams use the AR platform...some have a couple shotguns along for the ride.

-Knockdown (Juggernauts...sorry but 3 rounds from a 5.54 is gonna put u on ur ass...ever with dragonskin level 4 armor. 7.62...gonna shatter some bones.
-Prone (Harder to hit)(more accurate)
-Crouch(under windows)
-Vaulting low cover
-Auto cover
-Ricochets
-bullet penetration/at least rifle
-peeking/leaning corners
-Melee (knife) The best stealth there is.
Taser..? really...(unless mission specific)
-Troopers down, not always killed (Can drag them to a medic outside)
-breachable walls
-explosive guns/tear gas
-Bullet types
-taking out the power/night vision
-smoke grenades
-negotiating for hostages/diversions
-enemies might give up or hesitate if outgunned
-Heavy Machine guns (if we are fighting cartels and terrorists)
-a playable sniper class (make the map longer where you sniper can find cover and get a better sight picture) or run in for support...most snipers are never over 50 yards away in these cases.
-hiding and ambushing enemies with a knife or gun
-whistling, throwing a rock to distract enemy.
-capturing and finding out intel from hostages and captured/dying enemies about the number of enemies or other info.
-auto hand to hand combat (each member actually has a rating on this) to cant fight to steven seagal!

1: Not sure how knockdown would work in this game, and after a double tap or full auto burst most guys are going to be done for anyway.

2: Prone sounds like it would be nice, but most of these maps are indoor and CQB (although it would be really nice on that winter lodge map in the suits and ski masks campaign).

3: Crouching sounds good too, since it could improve your aim a bit and allow you to go under windows without being noticed.

4: Vaulting over low cover would be very nice, I'm getting a little tired of ending up stuck on some little thing.

5: Not sure what you mean by auto cover, could you explain it a bit more? Do you mean going to cover points automatically when under fire?

6: Ricochets would be pretty cool, but would also get annoying if you're trying to save hostages on a plane or something because the ricochets would end up killing them all the time.

7: Bullet penetration is a very good idea, but on the downside you would have to be extra careful with hostages around.

8: Peeking and leaning corners is a great idea.

9: Using a knife on somebody sounds like it would be difficult to animate (not to mention this is a SWAT game and I'm pretty sure cutting a guys throat from behind would need some kind of investigation or something lol).

10: I agree the taser does seem pretty pointless, does anyone actually use it in this game?

11: Dragging guys to a medic outside sounds pretty good, but I rather like the idea of a med kit or medic class so you can just heal them on the spot once the area is clear. And guys being downed and not always killed would be good too, but maybe just adding some disadvantages to the injured guys? Like some guy that is barely injured could just be a bit less accurate or something, while somebody who is critically injured could be slowed down a lot (from limping) and lose accuracy.

12: Breaching walls sounds like a good idea, but do you mean just any wall you can access, or specially marked walls for breaching?

13: I'm guessing by explosive guns you mean grenade launchers, which seems like serious overkill and could endanger the civilians. Tear gas sounds good though, since you could use it to stun and incapacitate enemies before arresting them. (RedPanda made an explosive weapon mod that you might want to check out though)

14: Bullet types sounds like a great idea, so you could handle different enemies better (Hollow Points for extra damage, but would do less damage against guys with body armor, things like that).

15: I love the idea to cut power to places and use night vision

16: Smoke grenades sounds like a great idea since you could use them to cross in front of windows or open spaces without being shot for a short period of time (or just make enemies less likely to hit you when smoke is used).

17: Negotiating for hostages sounds like an interesting idea, but how would diversions work exactly?

18: I rather like the idea of enemies giving up if they are outgunned, since the guy with the pistol really should consider giving up when I aim 2 M4's and an MP5 at him.

19: Heavy machine guns is interesting, but I don't think any police forces actually use them lol. There is a great IoV and SOCOM mod mix you can download that gives you machine guns (forgot who made it, sorry)

20: I like the idea of the playable sniper class, but you would really need much bigger maps to use him properly. The IoV/SOCOM mod I mentioned does give you the ability to use sniper rifles, which I found very useful on the last mission for the suits and ski masks campaign since the map was rather large and open.

21: How would ambushing the enemy work exactly? You can already pretty much ambush them but just aiming at a door and waiting for them to come through it.

22: Distracting the enemy seems pretty pointless since you need to kill them anyway.

23: I like the idea to get intel from captured enemies, and it could go hand in hand with some enemies surrendering. You could arrest a guy and get a little bit of the map opened up so you can see enemies and such in a room you haven't gotten to yet.

24: Not sure how hand to hand combat would work, seems like an interesting idea and could allow you to disarm and arrest an enemy.

Good list, you have some great ideas but some of them just don't seem to fit in with the game style (to me anyway).

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 1:54 pm 
Trooper
Trooper

Well, for the Stealth class, we could have a MCX-SD 300, as we have the vanilla MCX. Reference picture down there:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2016 10:36 am 
Trooper
Trooper

1: Not sure how knockdown would work in this game, and after a double tap or full auto burst most guys are going to be done for anyway.
2: Prone sounds like it would be nice, but most of these maps are indoor and CQB (although it would be really nice on that winter lodge map in the suits and ski masks campaign).
3: Crouching sounds good too, since it could improve your aim a bit and allow you to go under windows without being noticed.
4: Vaulting over low cover would be very nice, I'm getting a little tired of ending up stuck on some little thing.
5: Not sure what you mean by auto cover, could you explain it a bit more? Do you mean going to cover points automatically when under fire? .....................[/quote]

Your ideas and suggestions are amazing. How do you do it? Geniously 8-)