inthekillhouse.com

KillHouse Games Community
It is currently Mon Nov 20, 2017 3:31 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: TACTICAL PRESCHOOL
PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 2:18 pm 
Trooper
Trooper

This lesson will cover an alternative room clearing option from the “room flood” technique most commonly seen.

The “room flood” is the one you see in all the movies and cop shows. The door blows open and all the good guys “flood” into the room, shooting down the bad guys…

The idea is that “speed, surprise and violence of action” will overcome any resistance.

There is something to be said for the technique. The SAS perfected it and most US Special Operations Forces and Elite SWAT Teams still train and use it effectively. But to work when people are actually shooting at you as you enter, you need to be HIGHLY trained and willing to accept losses. In essence you are stepping into a room with the bad guys and shooting it out.

For SHTF situations like hostage rescue where you HAVE to get in and get in fast or else the hostages are going to get killed, this is probably still the best basic method (incorporating other things like window porting, sniper shots, diversions, etc.).

However, when used as a default method for all SWAT entries like high risk warrant execution, single person barricades and other less exigent reasons…well…you are asking people to wade into possible gunfire, expecting them accept losses and “drive on”.

For the average “operator” I don’t see that being something that will work out too well. Over and over again we have seen situations where the team meets gunfire at the breach and bogs down in the fatal funnel:

An alternative method of room clearing gaining ground is commonly called the “limited penetration” technique.

This is a concept that combines two previous lessons.

In Tactical Preschool 11 we covered the basics of room entry/room clearing.

In Tactical Preschool 46 we talked about how sometimes it’s wiser to deal with an armed subject from outside the room rather than trying force your way inside with him.

In this method, instead of rushing into the room to clear the funnel, the operators slice the pie from opposite sides of the door and engage any threat from outside the room. If the room is clear, they button hook the door and clear the corners and then proceed to the next entry point.

This is becoming one of the preferred techniques with the Israelis and the South Africans. If you go to the 1:28 point of the following video you can see the South Africans training in it….live fire….with an instructor inside….

Some detractors of the method don’t like the “loitering in the fatal funnel” aspect of the technique, but I believe there’s something to be said for the idea that perhaps…instead of trying to force a group of armed men into an enclosed space with a bad guy…it may be a better idea to deal with him from the door.

http://tgace.com/

Post subject: Re: TACTICAL PRESCHOOL
PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 1:25 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Interesting, thanks for sharing!

On a related subject, you may want to read this book: http://www.amazon.com/Evaluating-Police ... 0323280668

It discusses the merits of flooding the room in the unknown vs clearing the visible space from outside, in slice-the-pie fashion, and then entering to clear the remaining blind spots. Mainly discussed from the point of view of Active Shooter type scenarios and Patrolmen.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 9:42 am 
Stuff of Legends
Stuff of Legends

Nice videos! Really interesting.

....I'm pretty sure I saw Junkie Harry in one of them....

Check out my DeviantArt HERE

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 10:12 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Nice! You should add it to the Steam Guides section: http://steamcommunity.com/app/248610/guides/

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2014 6:31 am 
Trooper
Trooper

The only thing that kills me is the pointman class... a pistol really? The only time we ever use a pistol in a clearing situation, is if we don't have a long gun. We use AR's where I work. Some places use shot guns. Most breachers use rams. I love this game though, despite my small discrepancies.

-I would love to see a formation button and advance troopers all at once. Rolling T baby!
-Crouching to pass windows
-Blind cover fire
-throwing flash bangs around a door from cover
-slow motion play
-rifle penetration of some objects!

It is Christmas!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2014 12:27 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Thanks for the suggestions! For the pointman, we like to give options. If you think the class is useless ... use the Assaulter :)

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2015 6:43 am 
Trooper
Trooper

Necropost but bare with me. I'm apart of the group in your signature OP, CQB-TEAM. We've been advocating limited penetration techniques, or limited incursion techniques, limited entries, whatever you want to call them, for years now. Has anyone actually tested an immediate entry (i.e. from the stack to buttonhook/cross) versus a limited entry (i.e. 45-90-45 to buttonhook) and seen any real differences? I'd like to know game wise because on other games like ArmA 2/3, players tend to do better conducting a limited entry or running the rabbit versus any traditional entry like a buttonhook. :shock: :roll:

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 8:01 pm 
Trooper
Trooper

Rye wrote:
(...) real differences? (...)

(...)
Dynamic entry techniques rely on Speed, Surprise and Violence of action. When breaching into rooms and flooding the room with a team, you rely on somehow getting the drop on the enemy inside – either that or you are in fact entering a low risk environment. When it is a high risk environment with a prepared or barricaded enemy, you may not have the element of surprise – this is particularly applicable to further clearance after first making entry.
(...)
Dynamic entry often fails in the face of effective resistance, without complete surprise and low levels of resistance. Flowing through the door as a stack, ‘running the walls’ to the corners, and achieving overlapping fields of fire works well under conditions of total surprise, with near perfect execution of its users, and with scant resistance from the occupants. Without those conditions, it is only viable against low levels of unprepared resistance, unless the team is willing to accept casualties. This can be seen in training with many examples of failed entries. Rather than trying to flood through a doorway immediately, blind, it is preferable to have time to observe and react to the situation and threats inside the room. This allows for greater safety and a flexibility of response.
(...)

http://www.maxvelocitytactical.com/2014 ... technique/

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 6:07 am 
Trooper
Trooper

I meant in the game mate. Notice any differences? I have been writing about limited entries for years and I have posted about these concepts to Max Velocity and his team.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2016 1:58 am 
Trooper
Trooper

THINKS for sharing the video