inthekillhouse.com

KillHouse Games Community
It is currently Thu Nov 23, 2017 2:57 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2015 1:14 am 
Trooper
Trooper

Welcome to Dead Kickers: Zombie Apocalypse!
Inspired by the requests of the forum, the April Fools joke, and my own bordeness, I hand you the apocalypse.

The Zombies
  • The Basic Zombie: Relatively strong and will run straight to any gun fire.
  • The Fast Zombie: A little weaker, and will run faster to any gun fire. Likes to hide in rooms.
  • The Armored Zombie: An infected SWAT agent still wearing his Heavy Armor and wielding his old breaching hammer, with which he will breach your skulls.
  • The Gunner Zombie: A recently infected with some motor skills still functional enough to hold a gun and plan an ambush.
  • The Suicide Zombie: The bane of any anti-zombie squad's existence. Upon contact this infected will trigger an explosion killing itself, any nearby zombie, and any operators within the blast. Watch out for shrapnel!
For The Zombies, Click Here

The Maps
  • Dead Kickers: First Contact: A proof of concept of the zombie idea with every infected named hidden around a sea side warehouse. The spawns are randomized so you can play it over and over!
  • (IN PROGRESS) The Dead Kickers Campaign: As mentioned in the April Fools post, the disarming of the bomb aboard the Luigi Balauro has not gone to plan and has detinated. The dirty bomb has contaminated the water supply and only small pockets have remained unaffected by the toxic water. The rest, well, they are getting hungry.
For The Seaside Warehouse, Click Here

Welcome to Hell, I hope you enjoy your stay.

http://inthekillhouse.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=1590

Last edited by Maximombro on Sat Aug 22, 2015 5:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2015 3:38 am 
Trooper
Trooper

... dang. I was half-considering making a zombie campaign mod for giggles after a break, but I guess I was too slow. Just like a zombie.

Now I can't decide whether to hand over my list of ideas or jump back into the xmls anyway in an attempt to one-up you. :P

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2015 5:40 am 
Trooper
Trooper

OneMoreNameless wrote:
... dang. I was half-considering making a zombie campaign mod for giggles after a break, but I guess I was too slow. Just like a zombie.

Now I can't decide whether to hand over my list of ideas or jump back into the xmls anyway in an attempt to one-up you. :P

Well, OneMoreNameless, I'm always up for a bit of collaboration. I currently have a pretty ambitious campaign in the works :D

http://inthekillhouse.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=1590

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2015 11:59 am 
Trooper
Trooper

Upon further consideration, a second zombie mod would lose its novelty really quickly and I probably wasn't going to get around to this anyway. So consider these a few suggestions that I think would be amusing additions to see:

Bloated Zombie (or: Ghoulish Gus) - Slow and hurks bile, a mid-speed projectile with a small fragment effect.
Screeching Zombie (or: Soul Saul) - Has a strong shield with 360 angle that simulates most bullets being dodged or phasing through a ghost. May investigate noises, will follow troopers when they're spotted. Fires a weak-and-inaccurate-but-many-invisible-pellets shotgun scream once every five seconds or so.
Mutilated Zombie (or: Spooky Skeleton) - Hides from sight when possible (see: Barnard in my existing enemy mod) then uses a tazing weapon to jumpscare troopers helpless for a period of time. This does work and can add tension to timed missions, but there is a glitch with the AI whereby it stops attacking the tazed trooper but doesn't register them as having left view and so won't trigger seeing them again to resume attacking when the trooper gets up. For this reason, if you do add a tazing enemy you should also have your zombies 'mill around' when idle (ie. look in a random direction every few seconds or do slow, wide scans under their idle_tick) to break LoS when needed.

You already have exploding zombies, but, if you triggered the explosion with a zero-throw-time grenade then you could also have the zombie explode when taking damage for extra shenanigans.
You also have gun-weilding zombies, which honestly don't sound any more zombie-like than standard Junkie Harrys. Personally, I'd swap them out for something more outlandish such as occasional Presidential Zombies weilding old-timey muskets or whatever.
Oh, and with a name like "Dead Kickers" ... you clearly have to include a pile of zombies that's really just a resized/reskinned door to smash through. Unless the utility weapon you asked about in the other thread was literally a boot for kicking, in which case that is so much better.

I don't know how far along you are or what you're planning for the campaign, but I figured the best levels for it would be the largest-size ones (school buildings, the bigger hospital etc.) to better capture the feel of zombies massing from all possible directions, probably having further standard zombies enter from outside the map using timed waypoints. You could even move the deployment zones into the middle of a map to start surrounded instead of attacking from the outside. Or strictly limit the number of deployment zones and split them across the map to force the troopers to gather together as survivors for an early mission. And for the grand finale, a bomb disabling mission entitled "Please Don't Nuke Us From Orbit!"

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 12:55 am 
Trooper
Trooper

I really hope the Devs see this and implement this officially, This would add a new angle to the game.

Small idea of my own
Addition to OneMoreNameLess maybe have a split screen type thing where one team would be in astronaut suits trying to stop the government in the satellite bomber thingy.
And one team would be in the ground who need to connect an uplink (or something) to a bomb on the orbital nuke.
So basically you manage two individual teams each with their own task, it would make your mod more unique.
Remember I don't take cred for the initial idea, OneMoreNameLess does.

Hope it works out well.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 6:41 am 
Trooper
Trooper

You also have gun-weilding zombies, which honestly don't sound any more zombie-like than standard Junkie Harrys. Personally, I'd swap them out for something more outlandish such as occasional Presidential Zombies weilding old-timey muskets or whatever????

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2016 10:49 pm 
Trooper
Trooper

Can Android users get this?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 7:12 am 
Trooper
Trooper

Ubnauxush wrote:
Can Android users get this?

I'd like to play on Android too!