Door Kickers 2 Delayed
Door Kickers 2 will not be launching this year anymore.
We had hoped that we would be able to bring it home this winter, but it’s clear now that it’s not going to happen.
When we started development in early 2016, we felt that one year should be enough to hit Early Access, but things have not gone nearly as smooth as for our first game.
There are many reasons for this: transitioning to 3D engine, debugging the new perspective and improving rendering to keep or increase clarity compared to the 2D engine, having to reboot all art, moving our offices, new additions to our families and adding minor features like destructible walls, to name a few 🙂
We are committed to have Door Kickers 2 as a true sequel – not just a reskin or engine port – and this translates to design improvements and interface changes, code shaking and head scratching.
We have received tons of messages from you guys asking about it and we’re sorry to keep you waiting, but don’t worry, DK2 is coming and it’s going to be awesome! When? Definitely next year 😀
We’re shying away from announcing a specific release date, because the actual date is not important. What matters is delivering the best experience possible for you guys, no compromise.
Early Access will only come at the quality and polish level you’ve come to expect from us. It will showcase the new Door Kickers and keep you occupied for months. As before, once we have the initial version out we will update it roughly once a month.
Our projected initial Early Access Version will include:
- Single Missions, playable in Single Player and Cooperative Multiplayer
- New unit classes – Ranger Marksman and Ranger Machinegunner, with new abilities such laying down (or receiving) Suppressive Fire
- Customizable weapon optics and muzzle attachments
- Night missions, darkness, hiding people in it and using Night Vision gear or flashlights to see through it!
- Destructible walls and opening new entry points.
- Smoother path drawing, Path editing, Waypoint Moving
- Improved coordination including grouping troopers, movement in stack and automated Line-Of-Sight-based coordination
- Rules of Engagement, Sprinting and other new Tactical Options
- And more!
To be clear – until we have these ironed down to our satisfaction, there will be no Early Access version out. And there are many more features on our list that will be added later.
So here’s to 2017 and Task Force North launching to you guys and hundreds of hours of fun and engaging tactical gameplay.
Your team @ KillHouse Games
Disclaimer: All plans and designs are subject to change or being superseded by newer and better designs.