Door Kickers 2 – Task Force North
The sequel to the critic and public-acclaimed Door Kickers moves the action to the Middle East and puts the player in control of military Special Operations Teams fighting an elusive Terrorist Network.
Gone are the SWAT shields and tazers, enter the beltfeds and frag grenades. Door Kickers 2 casts the player as leader of the eponymous Task Force, handling units such as the US Rangers and assets like drones to respond to threats, solve crises and hunt the enemy on his own turf.
Once the Tactics Phase starts, things are meatier and deadlier. Extraction and Insertion now become equally critical, but so does telling the bad guys from bystanders and innocents.
They say that great responsibility should actually come with greater power, so players can now take advantage of nighttime, darkness or even good old sneaking to surprise the enemy. New trooper classes, weapons, tools and gadgets open up the tactical options, but one thing does not change: You’ll live and you’ll die by your tactics.
And then you’ll hit Restart and try again.
To help with the challenge, Door Kickers 2 adds Cooperative Multiplayer to the existing mix of Single Player Missions and Campaign. And since you can never have too much content, the game comes with complete modding support, improved mission editor and partial source code access. Yes, we can; it’s our own custom built 3D engine. We’re cool, crazy, or most likely both.
(Special note for our fans: Adversarial Multiplayer is still in the books but will make the subject of a separate announcement later this year)
- Choose which unit to deploy for each mission and adjust your tactics accordingly Surgical Operations or Overwhelming Firepower – anything is possible.
- Use Night Vision, Drone reconnaissance and other realistic gadgets
- True freeform tactics taken to the next level: Turn off the lights and hide in the dark. Break windows and jump over ledges.
- Go fast to the target or slow and methodical. And if you make a mistake, adapt and overcome.
- Face new threats such as suicide bombers, booby traps and RPG launchers.
- Use new Tactical Abilities. Group your troopers for easier movement.Establish Rules of Engagement – you name it and … we’ll talk
- Lots of hush hush stuff we’ll announce along the way. And take that literally
Door Kickers 2 is expected to hit Early Access in Q4 2016 on Win/Mac/Linux, with Full Release on PC and handhelds coming later, aka “when they’re done”. All info and specifications subject to change. For more information keep in touch over at Facebook or Twitter, or drop us an email. We like that.
About Door Kickers: Door Kickers is a game about controlling Special Forces, drawing action plans for them and coordinating them during their tactical intervention. Released in October 2014, it was hailed as “Early Access done right” and currently holds an Overwhelmingly Positive Review Rating on Steam. It has sold over 250.000 units on all platforms combined, offers cross platform save compatibility and was named “Best Tactics Game of 2014” by RockPaperShotgun and “Runner-Up To Strategy Game of The Year 2015” by PocketTactics.