The update is taking us a little longer than usual (where usual = 1 month in between updates), but it’s almost done now and should be out by next week’s end.
Until now we have managed to keep bugs/crashes at a minimum, and we plan to keep it that way! We won’t release a new version until it feels very solid and all new features are on the right track.
Also, right after the previous update, we moved into a new studio which has added a couple of weeks of delay.
At this point, the update is mostly done, with only minor stuff remaining. Expect a developer commentary video to come out with this update and hopefully a new trailer on the next one after that.
Here are few of the things to expect from this update, we’ll keep a few of them as surprises for now:
- GoCodes can now be combined with actions: blow up multiple doors at the same time, throw grenades at your command and so on.
- New maps, including the first “House Call” map, several others are in the works.
- AI: both friendly and enemy AI have received an intelligence boost, your guys will not just stand there anymore while they’re getting shot at.
- Persistent orientation waypoint (usually requested as side-stepping): in addition to the old “right-click drag” to look in a direction along the path, you will now be able to define a new type of waypoint that will make your trooper look in the specified direction until said otherwise.
- Greatly improved interaction with doors: this was a point of general complaint in the previous update.
- Many, many other new features, improvements and fixes.
What do you think?